Authorize.net is a payment gateway that is compatible with many banks and online merchant accounts. This service is only available for business owners that pay tax in USA, Canada or UK.
First you need to register an account with Authorize.net. If you want Authorize.net to save your guests credit card details for later processing (tokenization), you will also have to apply for the optional “Customer Information Manager” add-on.
Make sure to sign up with Authorize.net through these links to receive our discounted re-seller account fees:
Follow these steps to activate the Authorize.net payment solution:
- Go to Settings -> Payments & Invoicing -> Card payments and click “Edit”.
- For normal prepayments, select “Authorize.net” in the drop-down menu. Select “Authorize.net CIM” if you want to use the tokenization feature.
- Enter the “API Login ID” and “Transaction Key”. You will find these details in your Authorize.net account.
- If you chose “Authorize.net” in the previous step (not CIM), you must also enter the “MD5-hash” and indicate the type of prepayment that should be requested.
- Make a test booking through your website to find out what your guests will see. Try the payment link to make sure that it works.