You can create an additional booking engine that requires a coupon code to allow bookings. This can be useful when accepting room bookings for a wedding or similar. You can choose to sell only certain room types to this booking engine.
- Go to Settings -> Booking engine -> Manage booking engines and click “Add new booking engine”.
- Go to “Coupon codes” and select “Required” in the drop down menu.
- Go to Settings -> Price changes -> Coupon codes and click “Create new code”.
- Create a code used to unlock the booking engine.
This feature is not to be confused with the coupon code that can be used to unlock a restricted period. (See related support article “Using Coupon Code to Unlock a Restricted Period”.)
The advantages with this feature is that it:
- allows you to select which room types are to be sold and hence unlocked when activating the coupon code to this booking engine.
- immediately prompts the guests to enter a valid coupon code before displaying the option to choose check-in/check-out dates.