There are several ways to connect guests to a booking engine with pre-filled values or preselected rooms. So, your guests won’t need to do it themselves. These values include dates, number of adults, language, category, room type, and more.
- Your website could include a “Book” button next to a room type description. That button could lead to your booking engine with that room type (or even an individual unit) already selected.
- Your newsletter might include a promotion for a specific date, complete with a link that pre-fills those dates for your reader.
Tip: “Let Guests Choose Unit” must first be enabled to preselect individual units.
Go to Booking Engine -> Edit -> Let Guests Choose Unit.
Tip: If you manage multiple locations or different kinds of accommodation, consider organizing room types into categories. Then you can preselect categories as well.
How to Pre-fill Values
- Go to Settings -> Booking engine.
- Click the three dots adjacent to the booking engine you want.
- In the drop-down list, click “How to Install.”
- Add check-in and check-out dates to include the “Display Step” option.
- If “Let Guests Choose Unit” is enabled, “Preselected Room Type” will include unit options.
The next step depends on how you want guests to access the pre-filled booking engine.
Through Booking on Your Website
- Copy the code in “Copy This Code.”
- Add that code to your website.
Through a Link
- Enter the URL of your booking engine page in “Address with embedded booking engine – to generate a customized URL.”
- Copy the link in “Customized URL.”
- Give that link to your guests.
- Sirvoy does not save these options. You can generate as many different codes and links as you would like.
- These two options can work together. The customized URL can combine with pre-filled values installed on your website, but the URL parameters will have precedence.
- These instructions also apply to booking engines installed with the Sirvoy Website Builder.
- Prefilling and preselecting still allow guests to change options themselves.
Note: These instructions do not apply to booking engines installed with the WordPress plugin.