Follow these steps to activate Stripe:
- Go to: Settings -> Payments and invoicing -> Card payments and click “Edit”.
- Choose Stripe.com and click the button “Connect with Stripe”.
- You will be redirected to Stripe and asked to verify the connection. If you don’t already have a Stripe account you will be asked to create one.
- Once connected, you must also enter your “Secret Key”. Login to Stripe, go to “Account Settings” and click “API Keys” to find it. Copy and paste the “Live Secret Key”. Make sure no white-spaces or other characters are included before or after the “Live Secret Key”.
- Indicate whether “Card details are optional at time of booking”. If yes, guests will be able to book without entering card details. (Admin users can always leave the fields blank when making new bookings.)
- Click “Save” and you’re done!
How Stripe works:
- Guests have to enter credit card details in order to complete and guarantee their booking – but the card is not charged.
- Stripe will validate the received card information and make a $1 authorization charge (refunded immediately) that may appear in the guest’s account statement for a short time.
- Credit card details can be added or updated from the booking details page, or through the review-your-booking form.
- Multiple cards can be added to a booking.
- The card can be charged at any time from the booking details page. Just specify the amount to be charged.
- Multiple charges can be made, for example, partial prepayment and final payment at check-out.
- Partial or full refunds can be made from the booking details page.
- Even though a card is added successfully to Stripe, future charges may still be declined.
Note: Sirvoy has no access to the card details and will not be able to supply you with card details in clear text. Stripe is creating tokens to represent the card information and will not supply you with card details in clear text.